Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Job H(a)unting



Last week, I sent a 'Thank You' ecard to my ex-boss for offering me a full-time position after she knew I was out of job. In that card, I declined her offer.

Today, she called me to offer a part-time position. Unlike some part-time which only require 4-hours of work, her preposition was more like a full-time part-time. 4-hour is not too tough to compromise in the honor of money. However, I can't imagine stuck in a job that I hate for a full day. I exploited her offer and counter-offered a half-day part-time. She SMSed me with the reply "no lah! I need full-timer." Graciously, I declined her 2nd offer.

I'll be fooling you if I said I was not tempted by her whatever offers. I have not found a job and when a fat offer came along, it is just human to hesitate and consider. Otherwise, the above episode would not have transpired. After the cordial exchange of SMSs ended, I pondered upon the question: "Why is my ex-company offering me a job that I have been trying so hard to break free from?" They knew very well why I resigned and why would they still be keen on an ex-employee who had lost his heart and soul in that job? Am I haunted by a job from the past? I'm supposed to be hunting jobs and not be h(a)unted.
--------------
To know why I quit that job, read about my pursuit of happiness.

No comments: