Friday, May 18, 2007

Shrinking sucks!

A new job is all it takes to strip 11 lbs from my weight. Although I did not shrink to where I used to be - scrawny and flat-chested, I am not feeling big. I suffer from bigorexia - a disorder which is the opposite of anorexia. Instead of feeling not skinny enough, I feel not big enough. Now, I don't feel big at all. It is a red alert to me!

Everyone who have seen my physique transformation tells me that I should just maintain my mass and not be any bigger. The reason being I do not have the height to carry a broader frame. I stand at 5.5 feet. When I was at the tip of my mass (gaining 33 lbs), many commented that enough is enough. Don't become a 'crab', a non-derogatory term for muscular men who can't close their wings and walk like a gorilla.

Genetically, I'm an ectomorph - a body type that is the hardest to gain mass. I took 5 years to become muscular. Most bodybuilders advise 7 meals a day which I follow closely until 6 months ago. I am eating lesser of egg whites, chicken breast meat, weight gainer and whey proteins. My gym routine reduces from thrice to twice weekly. Creatine and volumiser tablets are completely off my diet. Now, I eat only 3 meals daily. The effect was damaging. I feel small although I am not really small. My gun and chest are still very defined. But I'm disturbed by my weight loss. I want my 11lbs back!!!

So this morning, I bought chicken breast meat, potaotes and eggs at the supermarket. I'm aiming for a bigger me. This is what I am going to do from today:

1) Eat a lot of meat, especially chicken breast.
2) Eat 5 meals daily on weekdays, 7 meals over weekends.
3) Eat baked potatoes and egg white on alternate days.
4) Eat a lot of bananas.
5) Take weight gainer daily.
6) Retake creatine and follow the loading phase strictly.
7) Visit the gym thrice weekly.
8) Sleep 8-hours daily.
9) Drink plenty of water.
10) Do all the above and still have time for my other hobbies.

I can imagine the weighing scale and mirror smiling at me after a month.

--------------------------------------------------------
Related writings on physique and vanity by me:

Son's muscular body worried parents.The menace of bigorexia

I can't go to the gym when I die, can I?

While the ladies adore the letter "S', men chase after the letter "M"