Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Dame of the Parliament - Eunice Olsen

Eunice Olsen

When I received this eMailer, I was seduced more by the model than the phone. She took center stage of the advertisement. Instinctively, I see her first than the phone in term of prominence. Is this a marketing flop then? I don't think so. She is as chic as the new MotoroRazer V8 luxury edition looks. Her sultry glance tempted me like the sinister snake in the Garden of Eden. In fact, too intimidating for a gay man to bear. If you ogle, I mean admire at the advertisment longer, you could probably see some resemblances in her to Thai pop diva, Tata Young and Hollywood starlet, Angelina Jolie.

To my overseas readers, you probably think that she is just another celebrity in Singapore. In a way, she is. She is a model, actress, TV host and a musician. But she is more. Eunice Olsen, as grandiose as her name sounds to her portfolio, is also a non-elected Member of Parliament (NMP) of the Republic of Singapore. If you google her, she wears many faces in public: the plain jane next door, the NMP in power suit and the glamourous girl in the limelight.

I have never followed her news since her foray into public attention after bagging the title of Miss Singapore Universe in 2000. Over the years, she has used her fame for good cause to promote volunteerism and humanitarian works. Is she an opportunist? Sure she is. But that's how I perceive a modern woman to be. She not only colorizes her life with her resume, she only injects some refreshing vibes to our Parliament. W
ay to go, girl!

No comments: