Sunday, September 09, 2007

Why do Men have Nipples?

Why do men have nipples? You may have seen them at the bookstore - I mean, not the nipples, but the New York Times #1 Bestseller by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg. It is a question that nobody can answer because male nipples have no real function. Although men can produce milk (lactation), no baby will suck on daddies' nipples. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. Watch this Youtube video of a man squeezing milk from his nipples (Warning: it may spoilt your appetite). Anyway, I'm not going to question why I have nipples; that's for the evolutionary biologists to tell me. But I can explain from a gay fetish point of view.

This morning, I saw them again. Last week, I had a similiar sighting at the same gym - Californa Fitness, Bugis Junction. I was at the bicep curl machine towards my 2nd set of 10 repetitions when a guy sashayed past my view. He was not actually catwalking but I was damn sure that he was flaunting something on his muscular body - his nipple. 200 metres away from him, I could not miss the nipple that passed my eyes. It was huge. From the way he exposed his nipple, I knew he was a tits flasher. He could have easily tucked it under his tanktop but he wouldn't. The strap of his tanktop was hanged skillfully on his cleavage to prevent it from falling so that other men wouldn't miss the magnificent view (inset: left). Very gay and he is definitely one. When I thought that I could get the tit pig out of my head, our path crossed at the dumbbell area. He was doing the bench press and what a chance to show off again. We were at close proximity (and mind you, I was not stalking him). This time, I saw both his huge, brown nipples against the contrast of his fair skin. One of them had a blink - a nipple ring. The difference between this sighting and that of last week was the former was a man in his 50's (but still in great shape), and the latter was a beefcake in his 30's. Both, however, have their big nipples screaming out for attention. To who? The gay men of course.


Gay sex has a myriad of fetishes and nipple play is among them. What both guys did at the gym was probably a way to cruise for like-minded gay men. Otherwise, I really do not see any valid reason to expose their nipples when they are clothed. I have seen buff men wearing tight tanktops but hardly anyone displayed their nipples in such brazen manner. Some may think that I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. Afterall, what's wrong with guys exposing their nipples? Nothing wrong, actually. It was just a culture shock. Nipple pumping is common in the west and enlarged nipples are as ubiquitous as traffic lights. In Singapore, I have never seen men with nipples like those I saw at the gym. They are definitely the work of a pump or snakebites (inset above). Natural nipples can be big but never stretched and pointed.

It's beyond the comprehension of straignt men that gay men are enlarging their tits; to them, women should be the one concerned about their nipples size. It takes a member of the fetish group to understand what make nipples an erogenous zone. Otherwise, what motivate them to flaut their award-winning tits other than the mere reason of soliciting admiration from the tit slaves? In the gay world where size is worshipped, the nipple gods are reincarnation of Narcissus. I wonder if Singaporean women are turned on by huge tits on a muscular chest? I know white women do.

No comments: