Saturday, February 03, 2007

Bananation 1 Sep, 2007



The birth of Bananation is a personal fulfillment for my passion in writing. So why not just blog like others instead of doing this crazy e-zine thing? Who's going to read my e-zine when they are plenty out there? I'm sure they write better than me? These are the few reality checks I asked myself. My conclusion: There is no logic needed for me to do this.

If I sink deeper into my thought and weigh the pros and cons, you will never get to read this and I will never get to see my debut issue launched.
I love the English language and enjoy writing in English. I also love the fun of Photoshop and Flash MX animation. So the hassle-free way to combine both interest is to ride on the convenience of blogs to create an e-zine.

I invented the word 'Bananation' from 'banana' and 'nation'. I'm a banana. That means I think like a white. Hence, the tag line of the e-zine is 'East thinks West'. I'm your 'fake ang-moh' or White imposter. I know I am not white. Duh? My features are pretty oriental. I have been mistaken as Korean, Mainland Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese.
I may be a banana but I'm not a hopeless one. I still hold on to good Asian values and lock them in my heart. The bad ones are shredded. Likewise, I also shred the bad Western values but embrace the good ones.

Now you know the short story behind Bananation, I hope you would bookmark my blog and comment on my articles. Your patronage will be an encouragement on my journey to learn to write creatively and yet decently without compromising on the importance of correct English.




No comments: