Thursday, February 15, 2007

A blue heart in a watery blue swirl

Post-Valentine's Day Thoughts

Valentine's Day was over yesterday.

For the rest of the months and until Birthday or Christmas, no more flowers, no more gifts, no more romantic dinners, and the 3 letters 'I love you' are kept in a 'fixed deposit' till next Valentine's Day. Is this a post-Valentine's time-table or what? I'm not sure if you have a partner that practises such routine. It will be very mechanical if a couple needs any reason to express their love at any time of the year. Love should be spontaneous.

Last night, I had nothing from my American boyfriend but I felt like I have everything. He was supposed to be with me but had to cancel his trip because of work. He called to wish me "Happy Valentine's Day" and sent me a Hallmark eCard after we hung up. In his eCard, he apologised for not spending the special day with me and said that I will always have a special place in his heart. I know he really wanted to be with me if situation allowed and by saying sorry when he couldn't, it says a lot about this guy. These words don't cost anything but they are worth more than a billion dollar to me.

Call me a sceptic, but most people will scoff at my silliness. A billion dollar, dude? What craps are you professing? Well, I will say it's a load of craps if anybody tells me that money means more than love.

Drop your pragmatism and you will understand how I feel towards those words. Without trust and faith, your partner's sincerity can become crap to you.

To give love and to receive love is a simple thought; don't complicate it.


No comments: